Tribeca is a diversified media and entertainment company that owns the world-renowned Tribeca Film Festival, as well as a series of Tribeca-branded platforms, including Tribeca Studios—a production partner for leading brands that want to tell captivating and impactful stories via our network of award-winning directors and producers as diverse as the number of mediums available through which to reach audiences.
Tribeca is more than a festival. It is an institution. Where community meets culture. A home for creative expression grounded in social change.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Tribeca is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Audience Engagement Director who will own our content execution, as well as the brand voice, ensuring its consistency across all our channels; social media, newsletter, and website. They will be responsible for establishing processes and frameworks for work to be completed, building and nurturing a team, proposing innovative ways to grow audience and engagement for the Tribeca channels and developing and executing an integrated strategy for bringing brand pillars to life.
They will collaborate with our communications, creative, sales, and marketing teams to translate the brand voice into a social voice, as well as oversee a content marketing manager who will support the community manager on the day-to-day postings and strategies promoting our editorial content, live events, studio, and organization.
They will own testing and measurement, optimizing for what drives engagement across newsletters, website, email content and social media channels; reporting back the impact on the business growth to all teams.
Our ideal candidate is articulate, collaborative and lives and breathes engagement strategy. They love educating anyone from fellow co-workers to top leadership to partners about best practices and are able to be client-facing in partnership with the team. They can take constructive feedback and also ideate and program with senior teams. They are not opposed to any assignment, big or small and never utter the words “that’s not in my job description.” If you are passionate, innately curious and strive to work with a team that empowers ideas and encourages questions, we want to hear from you.
- Develop and manage the content team and an ever-evolving, global social strategy with an up-to-date understanding of social “best practices” across the competitive landscape.
- Complete ownership of the content calendar, including crafting and implementing effective content marketing strategies to reach and engage qualified external and internal audiences.
- Evolve and elevate Tribeca’s social storytelling through evergreen, brand-driven, and timely campaigns in partnership with the Comms, Marketing, Sales and Operations teams.
- Establish KPIs and routinely develop stories with data and analytics (and identify clear key takeaways and learnings. Uncover insights and develop actionable recommendations for how to optimize ( based on performance) and move the brand forward on social media channels.
- In partnership with our Communications and Marketing team, develop content that will garner earned media opportunities and further communications goals.
- Collaborate with Communications, Marketing and Design teams on the development of creative content and campaigns to drive growth, reach and engagement.
- Oversee and manage festival production vendors including a photography manager and content capture manager to ensure engaging social storytelling is brought to life on the Tribeca pages in real-time during festivals and internal teams are also provided all assets needed.
- Work with our partners and influencers to strategically create content and cross-promote it effectively.
- Push creative boundaries to create compelling content that shows Tribeca’s dedication to its core company pillars.
- Oversee community management team to make sure engagement across all channels is appropriate, on-brand and as real-time as possible.
- Partner with internal and external teams to oversee and manage the optimization of our social media management platform, including reporting functionality, tagging hierarchy, template refresh, and day-to-day upkeep and maintenance.
- Provide thought leadership on emerging platforms and trends for adoption where appropriate to keep the brand at the forefront of social media development.
- A love for telling stories in dynamic and interesting ways
- Experience developing platforms partnerships that include revenue sharing and value-in-kind deals
- A deep understanding of social media platforms, video platforms, and userbehavior
- 8-10 years experience in social media strategy, marketing and/or content creation and execution; including audience segmentation and content planning expertise
- You have strong technical skills specific to tools such as SEMRush, BuzzSumo, Ahrefs, Moz, Looker, Meltwater, and Google Analytics.
- Strong Web Analytics proficiency is required – A/B testing / usability / UX etc.
- Extensive experience with the legal side of content management, acquisition and contract negotiation
- Extensive experience producing content across platforms
- Competent with all major SEO tools
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, an develop actionable recommendations
- Familiar with photo editing software and video editing
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required
Tribeca is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.