Tribeca is a diversified media and entertainment company that owns the world-renowned Tribeca Film Festival, as well as a series of Tribeca-branded platforms, including Tribeca Studios—an original content development group that works with brands to tell award-winning stories from 9 seconds to 90 minutes.
Tribeca is more than a festival. It is an institution. Where community meets culture. A home for creative expression grounded in social change. If you are passionate, innately curious and strive to work with a team that empowers ideas and encourages questions, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The VP, Marketing and Communications is responsible for providing strategic leadership for all communications within Tribeca Enterprises. Working in conjunction with the CEO as well as the Executive Team and outside vendors and resources, the VP, Marketing and Communications will help cultivate an environment and process that leads to the best expression of the Tribeca brand, our product and our partnerships while driving revenue.
In this role the VP, Marketing and Communications will collaborate with all relevant internal departments and partner closely with the CEO to continue to help develop the Tribeca Enterprises brand and bring continued success to our Festivals and events.
Our ideal candidate will be innovative, self-driven and collaborative. You will know the important distinction between pushing internally for a marketing campaign while maintaining a clear eye on budget. We are a small organization with a big brand. You will be able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done while managing a team that has been through several Festivals. You will have the unique ability to get media contacts on the phone while simultaneously managing Festival teams and agencies.
This is a pivotal role that can transform the way our brand is viewed globally. It’s an opportunity to work with a forward-thinking CEO and Executive Team fully entrenched and experienced with its brand while bringing a unique set of skills and experiences. If you are someone that has a wide breadth of strengths, from encouraging ideas and motivating departments to pushing for the best vision of the Tribeca brand, this is the role for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Marketing, Public Relations, Communications
- Direct and manage overall public relations, marketing initiatives and communication strategies year-round including, but not limited to, Corporate, Executive and Brand Positioning, Tribeca Film Festival and Events, and Tribeca Studios
- Develop, manage and implement communications and marketing budgets in coordination with Finance and Operations Teams
- Oversee the creation, distribution and approval processes of all communications and marketing materials including, but not limited to, press releases, media alerts and social posts
- Coordinate with external agencies and vendors as needed; including, but not limited to advertising and design agencies and marketing campaigns
- Liaise with internal Tribeca Teams to support Department and Corporate initiatives through communications and marketing:
- Programming: Support key films, events, industry and alumni activities
- Operations: Leverage press and media to drive ticket sales
- Partnerships: Integrate larger sponsor-driven press campaigns into owned channels
- Manage on-site media relations and media-partner integrations at Festival and year-round events, ex: media suites, press rooms, red carpets at top-tier events
- Working closely with the CEO, COO and the Partnership Team, develop media partnerships to promote and amplify Festival and year-round events based on marketing, press and ticket sales goals
- Partnering closely with the Executive Team, create an in-house brand voice, messaging guidelines and brand values that align with the Tribeca audiences including, Consumer, Industry, Brand and B2B
- Develop and manage a corporate communications strategy that includes executive positioning, press and speaking opportunities for the Executive Team
- Strategically position Tribeca on all platforms and media, utilizing in-house team, including the Tribeca website, social channels and marketing and media assets
- Alongside the Executive Team, help articulate and implement KPIs across marketing and communications departments to drive accountability and alignment
- Oversee communications and marketing teams, including full-time and seasonal Film Festival hires including, Public Relations Managers/Directors, Marketing and Social, Web and Technology
- 10+ years with proven achievements in Marketing, Communications, and/or Social platforms that brought ROI to the organization
- 8+ years in Public Relations or equivalent experience
- 4+ years leadership experience, including department management of teams in either public relations, marketing, social, creative and/or design
- Strong communication skills is an understatement
- A deep understanding of marketing, from social media platforms and user behavior to brand storytelling and public relations
- Experience working in live events and media is a huge plus