Tribeca is a diversified media and entertainment company that owns the world-renowned Tribeca Film Festival, as well as a series of Tribeca-branded platforms, including Tribeca Studios—an original content development group that works with brands to tell award-winning stories from 9 seconds to 90 minutes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The VP, Partnership is responsible for providing strategic leadership and revenue-generation opportunities within the Tribeca Film Festival, branded content and beyond. Working alongside the COO and the executive team, the VP will establish short and long-term revenue goals, strategies, plans and policies; communicate clarity of vision, growth and development and ensure alignment with the Tribeca Brand. This role will seek to drive the group’s branded content business through full-cycle partnerships sales processes.
Our ideal candidate will have a broad understanding and network of business and partner development and know how to drive revenue. They should have perspective on trends in the digital, tech and content landscape and have extensive client management experience. This requires a candidate that has extraordinary communication skills and can create collaborative relationships with the internal leadership, programming and creative teams to ensure our brand partnership efforts support their goals. The VP, Partnership is an integral team player with both internal and external relationships and the face of Tribeca in many forms.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to work with a growing and changing team of passionate employees and leaders and take a well-established brand to the next level of partnerships. If you are innately curious, never utter the words “that’s not in my job description,” and have an infectious sense of humor, we want to hear from you.
Business Development + Revenue Generation
- Identify, build, grow and close new and existing branded content relationships and corporate partnerships, collaborate with the COO and Finance to establish and implement short and long-term revenue goals and department objectives; participate in sales strategy and pipeline
- Develop Sales tools including compelling presentations, strategies, pricing, prospecting lists, pipelines and training materials
- Educate brands on the value of Tribeca’s reach and creative product excellence, outside of solely the broad awareness of the Festival
- Seek out ways to improve and build upon existing partnerships programs with partners to create true win-win for Partners and Tribeca
- Work closely with the SVP of Partnership along with the Partner Services Teams to develop and execute department budget and sales strategy. Ensure all are aligned strategically with vision and objectives.
- Collaborate with Programming and Marketing/Communications Teams to identify, create and package new offerings for partners during the festival and beyond
Pre-Sales Strategy and Support
- Align with internal Legal and Finance teams on all contracts, agreements and processes while developing solutions for partnership categories and clients
- Approve all activation points in the partnership agreement and develop strategies with the Development and Activation teams to insure all partnership agreements are fulfilled and executed
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Strategic Development or equivalent work experience; MBA or other graduate-level degree is a plus
- 10-15+ years in brand partnerships, integrated marking campaigns, digital technology and branded content leader with client-facing experience
- 10+ years management experience with strong relationship development, project management and team management skills
- 7+ years in event production, project management or equivalent experience
- Possess a deep and horizontal rolodex of high-level brand relationships
- Possess deep strategic understanding of brand partnership/sponsorship landscape and current and future facing trends in the branded entertainment/content (all media) and event sectors
- Fluency in ROI and metrics required to secure partnerships
- Armed with deep insights on how an events business can scale into a 24/7 global platform/content producer
- Proven problem solver being able to navigate multiple inter-departmental priorities with ease and professionalism
- Creative, passionate and positive self-starter – willing to brainstorm big ideas and see them independently through execution
- Experience with live events and an understanding of entertainment and film is a plus
Tribeca is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.