Tribeca is a diversified media and entertainment company that owns the world-renowned Tribeca Film Festival (now entering its 18th year), as well as a series of Tribeca-branded platforms, including Tribeca Studios—an original content development group that works with brands to tell award-winning stories from 9 seconds to 90 minutes.
Tribeca is more than a festival. It is an institution. Where community meets culture. A home for creative expression grounded in social change. If you are passionate, innately curious and strive to work with a team that empowers ideas and encourages questions, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Creative Services Director, The Graphic Designer will want to be at the forefront of design that comes into and out of the creative team. They will provide critical support to the Content Team for Tribeca’s print and digital presence while contributing to the conception and execution of design assets in every form for TribecaFilm.com, Tribeca Film Festival and Tribeca social platforms. They will work closely with the Creative Services Director on planning as well as with the Head of Operations and the Head of Communications.
You will be self-driven, creative, organized and collaborative. You must be able to juggle multiple projects at once while tracking timeline and deadlines. You will be adept at marshaling multiple inputs to get things done, while foreseeing and planning around obstacles. You will be able to operate at a rapid pace and maintain composure in times of stress, ambiguity and change. You will be calm under pressure and be open to pumping out revisions quickly. You will be able to work and concept independently. You will not be above moving pixels around and will have a razor-sharp attention to detail.
The role will have the following primary functions throughout the year:
- Concept to completion design work- no task too big or too small; from developing strategic creative to building out files for print production
- Work closely with the Communications and Operations teams as well as the Creative Services Director, you will field all internal creative requests, pitch new creative ideas for partnerships and events, and ensure brand guidelines are properly represented across all collateral
- Create digital, social and print collateral solutions based on initial conceptual and visual direction for Tribeca entities including, Tribeca Film Festival, Digital Studios and Enterprises
- Design and create custom assets for our partners' initiatives during Festivals and beyond including, but not limited to, invites, screen cards and social imagery
- Work on various design projects related to the yearly Film Festival, including:
- Festival guide design, layout and digital production
- Flags, flyers, invites and posters
- Video content (including title design and storyboarding)
- Event design
- Screen Cards
- Prepare all files to finished production standards for submission to vendors including print, digital and environmental/outdoor
- 4+ years of design experience, preferably within an agency or creative environment
- BA in design or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- A strong portfolio showcasing a clean design aesthetic, top-notch typography and including conceptual as well as production work
- Ability to think strategically and translate topline creative requests into high-quality content
- Ability to take and manage direction from various departments and stakeholders while offering and receiving design feedback, at times in a group setting
- Ability to present concepts and to work closely with internal teams, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Dedicated to exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external partners; act with strategic goals in mind
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively with use of typography, photography, graphics and animation
ABOUT THE TECH STUFF
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Motion graphics, animation and/or video editing skills preferred
- Knowledge of UI/UX is a huge plus as well as an understanding of Keynote