The Tribeca Film Festival was founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff in 2001 following the attacks on the World Trade Center, to spur the economic and cultural revitalization of the lower Manhattan. Today, the Festival is a cultural event for the new age of storytelling that brings together visionaries across industries with diverse and passionate audiences. Tribeca celebrates the power of storytelling in a variety of forms – from film to TV, VR to online work, and music to gaming. As a platform for creative expression, independent storytelling, and immersive entertainment, Tribeca champions emerging and established voices, discovers award-winning filmmakers and creators, curates innovative experiences, and introduces new storytelling through premieres, exhibitions, talks, and live performances.
Tribeca Film Festival Press Department
- Publicists are responsible for securing press coverage of the overall festival, VR/360/immersive storytelling projects, and their creators being featured at the Tribeca Film Festival.
- Requires: 4-6 years VR/tech or entertainment/film PR experience, strong tech and film media contacts, and a high level of multi-tasking.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compile information on assigned VR/immersive projects and the overall programs.
- Track and update contact information for filmmakers.
- Input and manage information in starbase, the database used by the Festival.
- Create targeted media lists for special interest and regional outreach.
- Publicize VR/immersive projects in assigned film sections.
- Serve as the primary contact for assigned media covering the Festival as well as other media interested in covering your assigned films.
- Actively pitch stories to media.
- Provide information and resources to journalists as requested.
- Coordinate media interviews for assigned VR projects and/or creators.
- Track media coverage of assigned VR projects and/or creators.
- Draft releases and pitch materials as assigned.
- Cover/staff assigned Festival press events (press previews, daily press hours at the hub, etc.).
Start of February – May 4, 2018